Serves 8-10 / Prep in 20 minutes / Cook in 60 minutes
1 ½ cup Local Village sorghum grain
2 cups water
2 tbsp olive oil
150g rainbow baby carrots
1 tbsp chilli flakes
1 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
Herbs to dress (Pea shoots, basil, mint or parsley)
- Allow the sorghum to soak in hot water for 4 hours prior to cooking or soak overnight.
- Drain the water, place in a large saucepan and add 3 cups of water. Cover with a lid tilted over, allowing some steam to escape. Bring to a simmer then boil for 45-50 minutes before removing. Drain the excess water and set aside to cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Meanwhile, prepare the carrots by chopping in half and tossing a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add chilli flakes & paprika to taste. Scatter onto a baking tray lined with foil or baking paper. Bake the carrots for 10 minutes then switch off the oven allowing the carrots to steam until serving time.
- Place the sorghum in a bowl, season with salt, and a drizzle of olive oil. Pour into a serving dish. Top with the yoghurt and carrots. Finish the mixture with chopped herbs, paprika, chilli flakes and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.